National Croissant Day has us saying oh, la, la at Le Manhattan Bistro in Wilkes-Barre. While we know that the croissant actually didn’t originate in France, but rather Austria, you can still get scrumptious French cuisine right on South Main St. in Wilkes-Barre! But what would National Croissant Day be without a call out to the ways you can enjoy the buttery, flakey goodness of this delicious pastry?
We hope your appetites are ready! We’ve broken down a few ways you can enjoy a croissant for any meal of the day.
Le Petit Déjeuner
- Bacon, egg, and cheese: What’s a breakfast croissant without some bacon and eggs?
- Feta: Bacon not your thing? Check out this croissant–feta cheese, eggs, spinach, tomato, and of course a buttered croissant!
- Blueberry croissant bake: Sometimes a casserole is just easier. This blueberry breakfast bake is full of fruit and sweet, buttery goodness!
Croissants aren’t just for breakfast or a sweet dessert, you can even enjoy them for lunch!
- Turkey cranberry: This sandwich will give you all the Thanksgiving feels in a few ingredients. Perfect for next-day lunch leftovers with a little twist!
- Egg salad: Egg salad can be tricky to master but when done correctly and paired on a freshly baked croissant–yum!
- Chicken salad: A little chicken, a little mayo, a handful of apple cubes, some cranberry–the perfect balance of sweet and savory!
Sure, croissants from the Pillsbury can are a great way to warm up your dinner. But what if the meal centered on the croissant?
- Ham and cheese: Such a simple idea–the classic hot ham and cheese but with a classy twist. Add a side of soup from your favorite restaurant to really get a warm winter meal.
Butter. Sugar. Melt in your mouth goodness. All of these are a few of our favorite things when it comes to dessert. In recent years, the cronut–a donut croissant hybrid has remade the pastry game.
But for those looking for a classic, a simple croissant with a drizzle of chocolate or stuffed with hazelnut spread is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
No matter how you decide to celebrate National Croissant Day, make Le Manhattan Bistro part of your plans! Join us for our French Wine Dinner on January 30 and be sure to check out the rest of our menu to find the finest French cuisine in Wilkes-Barre!
We’re sweet on you at Le Manhattan Bistro
It’s not too early to start planning for Valentine’s Day. Book your table today for our Valentine’s Day Seating. We have reservations from 4:30 to 10 p.m. Our lovely menu for the holiday is perfect to share with your sweetie.
We look forward to serving you outstanding cuisine at all of our fine establishments: